Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hits Demeter

So today for my notd (nail of the day), I decided to wear Hits Demeter.  It's been sitting in my untried pile for a while and I never wear orange much.  Orange is a color I don't have much of in my collection.  Most oranges (like this one) don't really flatter my skin tone unless it's pastel.

Demeter is a medium orange jelly holo.  The holo is pretty sparse making it look more like a scattered holo.  It's a bit sheer, so it needs to be built up.  Other than that application was perfect.  I'm still on the look out for another orange holo with more flame.  Any suggestions?

This is 4 coats.



10 comments :

  1. You do not think this is flattering?
    Well I do, it really complements your skintone, very pretty.
    I wear not as much orange as I would like (my favorite color), for the same reason you just gave.
    Well maybe I should try it again.
    Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, one of Hits "cousins" might do the trick. Maybe you should try Jade's "Uau!". It is also a brazilian polish, but the flame is much better than that. :D
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dofcrVUWEZg/UVdckAkuA7I/AAAAAAAAKcs/K8kZYHRgEE4/s1600/Uau!1.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the suggestion! That polish is gorgeous. I'll definitely be ordering it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enchanted Polish "Sour Patch Kid" is an orange holo that's beautiful! But this one is really pretty as well =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get my hands on SourPatch Kid! I wanted it but could never get it before it got discontinued.

      Delete
  5. I think this looks lovely on you! And, you might want to check out Literary Lacquers More Like Fire Than Light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! This is a very pretty orange nail color. I find it classy and I think its a must try indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really similar to born pretty nail polish #5! I second the recommendation for Jade Uau

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!